Salmon Local Foods Group
For people interested in supporting a local food network in Salmon, Idaho. Growers, foragers, and eaters are all welcome!
Since its inception in 2007, Salmon Local Foods Group has grown by leaps and bounds. The group is a collaborative effort composed of the following organizations and community members:
- Salmon Valley Stewardship
- Lemhi County Farmers’ Market management and local foods vendors
- Lemhi County Economic Development Association
- Sacajawea Center Heritage Gardens
- University of Idaho Extension
- Local ranchers and dairy producers
- Interested citizens from all corners of Lemhi county
Our most successful campaign to date has been the “Backyard Agriculture” workshop series launched in January 2012.
There is at least one Backyard Agriculture class lined up each month for the whole of 2012. The plan is to continue that through 2013 and beyond!
If you would like to join in the discussion and get email updates about the group’s progress, fill out the contact form below: